Here’s a number for you: 3%
That’s the average number of newbies who visit your website or see your shiny happy new social media post and actually do something about it:
Click on it.
Buy from it.
Or return to it again and again ..
Of course, as a classy business owner with your fetching digital marketer’s beret on, you’re not mired in that abysmal 3% ROI category.
Your sales numbers are stellar.
And you beat that woeful average by a combination of the following 5 top secret tricks:
- Working harder: you’re creating polishing and razoring content when the competition is mowing the lawn and pushing the kid on the swing.
- Publishing religiously: no one publishes more stuff on your niche on more platforms and networks than you do, period.
- Putting money where your mouth is: that article in that trade mag backed up by that glossy, expensively designed full back page ad is the best investment you ever made.
- Land-grabbing page 1: that SEO guy on the other side of the world sure came through.
- Rinse and repeat: doing everything from scratch all over again every few months without the slightest idea what the definition of madness really is.
But here’s the thing:
Everyone IS doing these things.
+ If everyone is doing these things.
+ Everyone is still stuck at a paltry 3% success rate
Then everyone is doomed to fail together ..
Now, I’m not going to tell you not to care.
Not to work hard.
Not to create and publish great content on a regular basis.
You can and should do all these things.
But step back a mo for a big hit of perspective.
Even after doing all these things, why is 3% the best you can hope for as a strike rate?
Perhaps the better question to ask is this:
What is it that the 97% (who blinked, jumped, bolted) were looking for — that you failed to offer?
Sure, 100% of the people who see your stuff aren’t all actively looking to buy your stuff right then and there.
But a good proportion are.
And even those who don’t have an itchy trigger finger on their digital wallets right now, might be more amenable in the near future, or they might know someone who is ready to roll.
So knowing this, you now know that your content should aim to furnish the 97% with something to think about:
So what if you wanted them to visit again, and again, and again?
Well, you’ve got 2 options:
- You can wait and hope they remember your brand when the time is right.
- Or you can keep engaging with them with a few small but helpful and informative pieces of issue-relevant content to build the trust needed to induce a sale.
To sum up:
Doing what everyone is doing is fine if you want to accept a 3% hit rate.
But to break out of this tough and expensive rat race, start doing your homework and start disseminating that homework to the 97% in a way that educates them on the benefits of solving their problem — simultaneously trusting your ‘educational’ brand to be the one to do it.
To become a permanent fixture in the lives of that 97%.
Not in a cloying, superficial and superfluous way, but in a valuable, informative, helpful way.
Catch their eye with value ..
Do that, you’ll still bag and tag the 3%, but you’ll also begin to wean the 97% into action much, much faster than ever before.
And I like to call this your “Signature Marketing Solution™”
- If you publish regularly on your blog or social media — it’s the best strategy where ALL your time and effort becomes the most profitable ..
- If you pay for advertising — it’s the most important part of the equation to ensure you get your investment back to build your bigger and faster than ever.
- If you struggle to compete in a crowded market — it’s the one secret method that puts clear blue ocean between you and your competitors.
And none of it's pushy — but ALL of it has customer persuasion built in ..Watch Case Study